Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Psalm 41:7-9

All my enemies whisper together against me; they imagine the worst for me, saying, "A vile disease has afflicted him; he will never get up from the place where he lies." Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.

All my enemies whisper together against me 
Psalm 71:10  For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together.

he will never get up 
2 Kings 1:4  "Therefore this is what the LORD says: 'You will not leave the bed you are lying on. You will certainly die!' " So Elijah went.

Even my close friend 
2 Samuel 15:12  While Absalom was offering sacrifices, he also sent for Ahithophel the Gilonite, David's counselor, to come from Giloh, his hometown. And so the conspiracy gained strength, and Absalom's following kept increasing.
Job 19:14  "My relatives have gone away; my closest friends have forgotten me."

someone I trusted, one who has shared my bread, has turned against me 
Numbers 30:2  "When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said."
Job 19:19  "All my intimate friends detest me; those I love have turned against me."
Psalm 55:20  My companion attacks his friends; he violates his covenant.
Psalm 89:34  "I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered."
Matthew 26:23  Jesus replied, "The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me."
Luke 22:21  "But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table."
John 13:18  "I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: 'He who shared my bread has turned against me.' " (Psalm 41:9)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment