Monday, January 23, 2017

Psalm 41:1-3 Part 2 of 2

Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the LORD delivers them in times of trouble. The LORD protects and preserves them--they are counted among the blessed in the land--he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness. 

and preserves them 
Ezra 9:9  "Though we are slaves, our God has not forsaken us in our bondage. He has shown us kindness in the sight of the kings of Persia: He has granted us new life to rebuild the house of our God and repair its ruins, and he has given us a wall of protection in Judah and Jerusalem."
Psalm 71:20  Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.
Psalm 119:88  In your unfailing love preserve my life, that I may obey the statutes of your mouth.
Psalm 119:159  See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, LORD, in accordance with your love.
Psalm 138:7  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
Psalm 143:11  For your name's sake, LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

they are counted among the blessed in the land 
Psalm 37:21-22  The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously; those the LORD blesses will inherit the land, but those he curses will be destroyed.

he does not give them over to the desire of their foes 
Deuteronomy 6:24  The LORD commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the LORD our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today.

The LORD sustains them on their sickbed 
Psalm 6:6  I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.

and restores them from their bed of illness
2 Samuel 13:5  "Go to bed and pretend to be ill," Jonadab said. "When your father comes to see you, say to him, 'I would like my sister Tamar to come and give me something to eat. Let her prepare the food in my sight so I may watch her and then eat it from her hand.' "
2 Kings 1:4 "Therefore this is what the LORD says: 'You will not leave the bed you are lying on. You will certainly die!' " So Elijah went.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment