Thursday, January 5, 2017

Psalm 39:7-8

"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you. Save me from all my transgressions; do not make me the scorn of fools."

My hope is in you 
Psalm 9:18  But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.
Psalm 25:5  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Save me 
Psalm 6:4  Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.
Psalm 51:14  Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

from all my transgressions 
Psalm 32:1  Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
Psalm 51:1  Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
Isaiah 53:5  But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:8  By oppression and judgment he was taken away. Yet who of his generation protested? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was punished.
Isaiah 53:10  Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

do not make me the scorn of fools    
Deuteronomy 28:37  You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the LORD will drive you.
Psalm 79:4  We are objects of contempt to our neighbors, of scorn and derision to those around us.
Isaiah 43:28  "So I disgraced the dignitaries of your temple; I consigned Jacob to destruction and Israel to scorn."
Daniel 9:16  "Lord, in keeping with your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our ancestors have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment