Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Psalm 40:11-13

Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. Be pleased to save me, LORD; come quickly, LORD, to help me. 

Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD 
Zechariah 1:12  Then the angel of the LORD said, "LORD Almighty, how long will you withhold mercy from Jerusalem and from the towns of Judah, which you have been angry with these seventy years?"

may your love 
Proverbs 20:28  Love and faithfulness keep a king safe; through love his throne is made secure.

and faithfulness 
Psalm 26:2-3  Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

always protect me 
Psalm 61:7  May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.

For troubles without number surround me 
Psalm 25:17  Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.

my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see 
Psalm 38:4  My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.
Psalm 65:3  When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions.

They are more than the hairs on my head 
Psalm 69:4  Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs on my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal.

and my heart fails within me 
Psalm 73:26  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

come quickly, LORD, to help me 
Psalm 22:19  But you, LORD, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
Psalm 38:22  Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Savior.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment