Sunday, January 1, 2017

Psalm 39:2-5 Part 1 of 3

So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "Show me, LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure." 

So I remained utterly silent 
Psalm 39:9  "I was silent; I would not open my mouth, for you are the one who has done this."
Job 31:33-34  "... if I have concealed my sin as people do, by hiding my guilt in my heart because I so feared the crowd and so dreaded the contempt of the clans that I kept silent and would not go outside--..."
Psalm 77:4  You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak.

But my anguish increased 
Psalm 6:3  My soul is in deep anguish. How long, LORD, how long?
Psalm 25:17  Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.
Psalm 31:10  My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.

my heart grew hot within me 
Luke 24:32  They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment