Monday, January 2, 2017

Psalm 39:2-5 Part 2 of 3

So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "Show me, LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure." 

While I meditated 
Psalm 1:1-2  Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.
Psalm 48:9  Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.
Psalm 77:12  "I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds."
Psalm 119:15  I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.

the fire burned 
Jeremiah 5:14  Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty says: "Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes."
Jeremiah 20:9  But if I say, "I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. 
Jeremiah 23:29  "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" 

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment