Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Psalm 40:2

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit 
Job 9:30-31  "Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with cleansing powder, you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me."
Psalm 7:15  Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit they have made.

Out of the mud 
Job 30:19  "He throws me into the mud, and I am reduced to dust and ashes."

and mire 
Psalm 69:14  Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters.

he set my feet 
Psalm 31:8  You have not given me into the hands of the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.

on a rock 
Psalm 27:5  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment