Thursday, January 12, 2017

Psalm 40:4

Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.

Blessed is the one 
Psalm 34:8  Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

who trusts in the LORD 
Psalm 84:12  LORD Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.

who does not look to the proud 
Psalm 101:5  Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate.
Psalm 138:6  Though the LORD is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Proverbs 3:34  He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
Proverbs 16:5  The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.
Isaiah 65:2-5  "All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations--a people who continually provoke me to my very face, offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on altars of brick; who sit among the graves and spend their nights keeping secret vigil; who eat the flesh of pigs, and whose pots hold broth of impure meat; who say 'Keep away; don't come near me, for I am too sacred for you!' Such people are smoke in my nostrils, a fire that keeps burning all day."
1 Peter 5:5  In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble." (Proverbs 3:34)

to those who turn aside to false gods 
Deuteronomy 31:20  "When I have brought them into the land flowing with milk and honey, the land I promised on oath to their ancestors, and when they eat their fill and thrive, they will turn to other gods and worship them, rejecting me and breaking my covenant."
Psalm 4:2  How long will you people turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
Psalm 26:1  Vindicate me, LORD, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the LORD and have not faltered.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment