Monday, January 16, 2017

Psalm 40:7-8 Part 2 of 2

Then I said, "Here I am, I have come--it is written about me in the scroll. I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart."
 
 I desire to do your will 
Matthew 26:39  Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

my God 
Hebrews 10:5-7  Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifices and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. Then I said, 'Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll--I have come to do your will, my God.' " (Psalm 40:6-8)

your law is within my heart 
Deuteronomy 6:6  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.
Job 22:22  "Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart."
Romans 7:21-25  So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment