Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Psalm 39:2-5 Part 3 of 3

So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "Show me, LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure." 

Show me, LORD, my life's end and the number of my days
Job 14:5  "A person's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed." 

let me know how fleeting my life is
Job 14:2  "They spring up like flowers and wither away; like fleeting shadows, they do not endure."
Genesis 47:9  And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The years of my pilgrimage are a hundred and thirty. My years have been few and difficult, and they do not equal the years of the pilgrimage of my fathers." 
Job 7:7  "Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath; my eyes will never see happiness again." 

You have made my days a mere handbreadth 
Job 10:20-22  "Are not my few days almost over? Turn away from me so I can have a moment's joy before I go to the place of no return, to the land of gloom and utter darkness, to the land of deepest night, of utter darkness and disorder, where even the light is like darkness."
Psalm 89:45  You have cut short the days of his youth; you have covered him with a mantle of shame.
Psalm 102:23  In the course of my life he broke my strength; he cut short my days. 

Everyone is but a breath 
Psalm 62:9  Surely the lowborn are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie. If weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath. 

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment