Thursday, January 19, 2017

Psalm 40:14-15

May all who want to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame.

May all who want to take my life 
1 Samuel 20:1  Then David fled from Naioth at Ramah and went to Jonathan and asked, "What have I done? What is my crime? How have I wronged your father, that he is trying to kill me?"

be put to shame and confusion 
Esther 9:2  The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to attack those determined to destroy them. No one could stand against them, because the people of all the other nationalities were afraid of them.
Psalm 35:26  May all who gloat over my distress be put to shame and confusion; may all who exalt themselves over me be clothed in shame and disgrace.

may all who desire my ruin 
Psalm 35:4  May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame; may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay.

May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame 
Psalm 35:21  They sneer at me and say, "Aha! Aha! With our own eyes we have seen it."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment