Saturday, January 14, 2017

Psalm 40:6

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire--but my ears you have opened--burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire 
1 Samuel 15:22  But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams."
Jeremiah 6:20  "What do I care about incense from Sheba or sweet calamus from a distant land? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable; your sacrifices do not please me."
Amos 5:21-23  "I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps."

but my ears you have opened 
Exodus 21:5-6  "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life."

burnt offerings 
Psalm 50:8  "I bring no charges against you concerning your sacrifices or concerning your burnt offerings, which are ever before me."
Psalm 51:16-17  You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God will not despise.
Isaiah 1:11  "The multitude of your sacrifices--what are they to me?" says the LORD. "I have more than enough burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats."
Hosea 6:6  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgement of God rather than burnt offerings."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment