Friday, January 6, 2017

Psalm 39:9-10

"I was silent; I would not open my mouth, for you are the one who has done this. Remove your scourge from me; I am overcome by the blow of your hand."

I was silent 
Psalm 39:2  So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; ...

I would not open my mouth 
Psalm 38:13-14  I am like the deaf, who cannot hear, like the mute, who cannot speak; I have become like one who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply.

for you are the one who has done this 
Psalm 38:15  LORD, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God.

I am overcome by the blow 
2 Chronicles 21:14  " 'So now the LORD is about to strike your people, your sons, your wives and everything that is yours, with a heavy blow.' "
Ezekiel 7:9  " 'I will not look on you with pity; I will not spare you. I will repay you for your conduct and for the detestable practices among you.' "
Ezekiel 24:15-16  The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, with one blow I am about to take away from you the delight of your eyes. Yet do not lament or weep or shed any tears."

of your hand 
Exodus 9:1-4  Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: "Let my people go, so that they may worship me." If you refuse to let them go and continue to hold them back, the hand of the LORD will bring a terrible plague on your livestock in the field--on your horses, donkeys and camels and on your cattle, sheep and goats. But the LORD will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and that of Egypt, so that no animal belonging to the Israelites will die.' "

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment