Sunday, January 8, 2017

Psalm 39:12-13

"Hear my prayer, LORD, listen to my cry for help; do not be deaf to my weeping. I dwell with you as a foreigner, a stranger, as all my ancestors were. Look away from me, that I may enjoy life again before I depart and am no more." 

listen to my cry for help 
Psalm 17:1  Hear me, LORD, my plea is just; listen to my cry.

do not be deaf 
Deuteronomy 1:45  You came back and wept before the LORD, but he paid no attention to your weeping and turned a deaf ear to you.

to my weeping 
2 Kings 20:5  "Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the LORD.' "

I dwell with you as a foreigner 
Leviticus 25:23  " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you reside in my land as foreigners and strangers.' "

a stranger 
Genesis 23:3-4  Then Abraham rose from beside his dead wife and spoke to the Hittites. He said, "I am a foreigner and a stranger among you. Sell me some property for a burial site here so I can bury my dead."
Hebrews 11:13  All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth.

as all my ancestors were 
Genesis 47:9  And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The years of my pilgrimage are a hundred and thirty. My years have been few and difficult, and they do not equal the years of the pilgrimage of my fathers."
1 Chronicles 29:15  "We are foreigners and strangers in your sight, as were all our ancestors. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope."

Look away from me, that I may enjoy life again before I depart and am no more 
Job 10:20-22  "Are not my few days almost over? Turn away from me so I can have a moment's joy before I go to the place of no return, to the land of gloom and utter darkness, to the land of deepest night, of utter darkness and disorder, where even the light is like darkness."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment