Thursday, November 30, 2017

Psalm 71:9-10

Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone. For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together.

Do not cast me away 
Psalm 51:11  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

when I am old 
Psalm 92:14-15  They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him."
Isaiah 46:4  "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

do not forsake me when my strength is gone 
Deuteronomy 4:31  For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.
Deuteronomy 31:6  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

For my enemies speak against me 
Psalm 3:7  Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.

those who wait to kill me 
Psalm 10:8  He lies in wait near the villages; from ambush he murders the innocent. His eyes watch in secret for his victims; ...
Psalm 59:3  See how they lie in wait for me! Fierce men conspire against me for no offense or sin on mine, LORD.
Proverbs 1:18  These men lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush only themselves!

conspire together 
Exodus 1:10  "Come, we must deal shrewdly with them or they will become even more numerous and, if war breaks out, will join our enemies, fight against us and leave the country." (Pharaoh speaking to the Egyptian people)
Psalm 31:13  For I hear many whispering, "Terror on every side!" They conspire against me and plot to take my life.
Matthew 12:14  But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment