Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Psalm 69:8-9

I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother's children; for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me. 

I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother's children 
Job 19:13-15  "He has alienated my own family from me; my acquaintances are completely estranged from me. My relatives have gone away; my closest friends have forgotten me. My guests and my female servants count me a foreigner; they look on me as on a stranger."
Psalm 31:11  Because of all my enemies, I am the utter contempt of my neighbors and an object of dread to my closest friends--those who see me on the street flee from me.
Psalm 38:11  My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.
Isaiah 53:3  He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
John 7:5  For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

for zeal for your house consumes me 
John 2:16-17  To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!" His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me." (Psalm 69:9)

and the insults of those who insult you fall on me 
Psalm 89:50-51  Remember, Lord, how your servant has been mocked, how I bear in my heart the taunts of all the nations, the taunts with which your enemies, LORD, have mocked, with which they have mocked every step of your anointed one.
Romans 15:3  For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." (Psalm 69:9)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment