Saturday, November 18, 2017

Psalm 69:19-20

You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed; all my enemies are before you. Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.

You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed 
Psalm 22:6  But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters 
Job 16:2  "I have heard many things like these; you are miserable comforters, all of you!"

but I found none 
Psalm 142:4  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.
Isaiah 63:3-6  "I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with me. I trampled them in my anger and trod them down in my wrath; their blood spattered my garments, and I stained all my clothing. It was for me the day of vengeance; the year for me to redeem had come. I looked but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm achieved salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me. I trampled the nations in my anger; in my wrath I made them drunk and poured their blood on the ground."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment