Thursday, November 16, 2017

Psalm 69:13-15

But I pray to you, LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.

but I pray to you, LORD, in the time of your favor 
Isaiah 49:8  This is what the LORD says: "In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances, ..."
2 Corinthians 6:2  For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." (Isaiah 49:8) I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

in your great love, O God 
Psalm 17:7  Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Psalm 51:1  Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.

deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters 
Psalm 69:2  I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me.
Psalm 144:7-8  Reach down your hand from on high; deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful.

Do not let the floodwaters engulf me 
Psalm 124:4-5  ... the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away.

or the depths swallow me up 
Numbers 16:33  They went down alive into the realm of the dead, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community.

or the pit close its mouth over me 
Psalm 28:1  To you, LORD, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment