Sunday, November 5, 2017

Psalm 68:28-29

Summon your power, God; show us your strength, our God, as you have done before. Because of your temple at Jerusalem kings will bring you gifts.

Summon your power, God 
Exodus 9:16-17   " 'But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. You still set yourself against my people and will not let them go.' " (God speaking to Pharaoh through Moses)

show us your strength, our God 
Psalm 29:11  The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

as you have done before 
Isaiah 26:12  LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
Isaiah 29:23-24  "When they see among them their children, the work of my hands, they will keep my name holy; they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel. Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding; those who complain will accept instruction."
Isaiah 45:11-12  "This is what the LORD says--the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands? It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry host."
Isaiah 60:21  "Then all your people will be righteous and they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor."
Isaiah 64:8  Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Because of your temple at Jerusalem kings will bring you gifts 
2 Chronicles 9:24  Year after year, everyone who came brought a gift--articles of silver and gold, and robes, weapons and spices, and horses and mules.
2 Chronicles 32:23  Many brought offerings to Jerusalem for the LORD and valuable gifts for Hezekiah king of Judah. From then on he was highly regarded by all the nations.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment