Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Psalm 71:7-8

I have become a sign to many; you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.

I have become a sign to many 
Deuteronomy 28:45-46  All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the LORD your God and observe the commands and decrees  he gave you. They will be a sign and wonder to you and your descendants forever.
Isaiah 8:18  Here I am, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion.
1 Corinthians 4:9  For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings.

you are my strong refuge 
2 Samuel 22:2-3  He (David) said: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent people you save me."
Psalm 61:3  For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.

My mouth is filled with your praise 
Psalm 71:15  My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long--though I know not how to relate them all.
Psalm 51:15  Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.
Psalm 63:5  I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing my mouth will praise you.

declaring your splendor all day long 
Psalm 96:6  Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary.
Psalm 104:1  Praise the LORD, my soul. LORD my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment