Sunday, November 12, 2017

Psalm 69:4-5

Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal. You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you.

Those who hate me 
Psalm 25:19  See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me!

without reason 
John 15:25  "But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.' " (Psalms 35:19; 69:4)

many are my enemies without cause 
Psalm 35:19  Do not let those gloat over me who are my enemies without cause; do not let those who hate me without reason maliciously wink the eye.
Psalm 38:19  Many have become my enemies without cause; those who hate me without reason are numerous.

those who seek to destroy me 
Psalm 40:14  May all who want to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
Psalm 119:95  The wicked are waiting to destroy me, but I will ponder your statutes.
Isaiah 32:7  Scoundrels use wicked methods, they make up evil schemes to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just.

You, God, know my folly 
Psalm 38:5  My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.

my guilt is not hidden from you 
Psalm 44:20-21  If we had forgotten the name of our God or spread out our hands to a foreign god, would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment