Monday, November 13, 2017

Psalm 69:6-7

Lord, the LORD Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me. For I endure scorn for your sake, and shame covers my face. 

For I endure scorn 
Psalm 39:8  Save me from all my transgressions; do not make me the scorn of fools.
Psalm 22:6-8  But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads. "He trusts in the LORD," they say, "let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."
Psalm 42:3  My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
Psalm 79:10  Why should the nations say, "Where is their God?" Before our eyes, make known among the nations that you avenge the outpoured blood of your servants.
Psalm 115:2-3  Why do the nations say, "Where is their God?" Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
Job 2:9-10  His wife said to him, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!" He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

for your sake 
Jeremiah 15:15  LORD, you understand; remember me and care for me. Avenge me on my persecutors. You are long-suffering--do not take me away; think of how I suffer reproach for your sake.

and shame covers my face 
Psalm 44:15-16  I live in disgrace all day long, and my face is covered with shame at the taunts of those who reproach and revile me, because of the enemy, who is bent on revenge.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment