Saturday, November 11, 2017

Psalm 69:1-3

Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail looking for my God. 

Save me, O God, for the waters 
Psalm 42:7  Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.

have come up to my neck 
Psalm 32:6  Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them.
Jonah 2:3  "The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head."

I sink in the miry depths where there is no foothold 
Job 30:19  "He throws me into the mud, and I am reduced to dust and ashes."

I am worn out calling for help 
Psalm 6:6  I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.

my throat is parched 
Psalm 22:15  My mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.

my eyes fail 
Psalm 6:7  My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.
Psalm 119:52  My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, "When will you comfort me?"

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment