Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Psalm 69:30-33

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the LORD more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hooves. The poor will see and be glad--you who seek God, may your hearts live! The LORD hears the needy and does not despise his captive people. 

I will praise God's name in song 
Psalm 28:7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

and glorify him with thanksgiving 
Psalm 34:3  Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 50:14-15  "Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me."

This will please the LORD more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hooves 
Psalm 50:9-10  "I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills."
Psalm 51:16  You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

The poor will see and be glad 
Psalm 34:2  I will glory in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

you who seek God, may your hearts live! 
Psalm 22:26  The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him--may your hearts live forever!

The LORD hears the needy 
Psalm 12:5  "Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment