Monday, November 27, 2017

Psalm 71:1-4

In you, LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel.

In you, LORD, I have taken refuge 
Deuteronomy 23:15  If a slave has taken refuge with you, do not hand them over to their master.
Ruth 2:12  "May the LORD repay you for what  you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

let me never be put to shame 
Psalm 22:5  To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

turn your ear to me and save me 
2 Kings 19:16  "Give ear, LORD, and hear; open your eyes, LORD, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to ridicule the living God." 

for you are my rock and my fortress 
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

deliver me, my God 
2 Kings 19:19  "Now, LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, LORD, are God."

from the hand of the wicked 
Psalm 140:4  Keep me safe, LORD, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet.

from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel 
Jeremiah 15:21  "I will save you from the hands of the wicked and deliver you from the grasp of the cruel." 
Daniel 3:16-18  Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, "King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty's hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." 

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment