Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Psalm 68:19-20

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death.

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior 
Psalm 65:5-8  You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains by your power, having armed yourself with strength, who stilled the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the turmoil of the nations. The whole earth is filled with your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.

who daily bears our burdens 
Psalm 81:6  "I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket."

Our God is a God who saves 
1 Samuel 10:17-19  Samuel summoned the people of Israel to the LORD at Mizpah and said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'I brought Israel up out of Egypt, and I delivered you from the power of Egypt and all the kingdoms that oppressed you.' but you have now rejected your God, who saves you out of all your disasters and calamities. And you have said, 'No, appoint a king over us.' So now present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes and clans."

from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death 
Psalm 56:13  For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Jeremiah 45:4-5  "But the LORD has told me to say to you (Baruch), 'This is what the LORD says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the LORD, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.' "
Ezekiel 6:8  " 'But I will spare some, for some of you will escape the sword when you are scattered among the lands and nations.' "

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment