Monday, June 27, 2016

Psalm 22:24

For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help. 

For he has not despised 
Psalm 102:17  He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea.

or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one 
Psalm 9:12  For he who avenges blood remembers; he does not ignore the cries of the afflicted.

he has not hidden his face from him 
Psalm 13:1  How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
Psalm 27:9  Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper.
Psalm 69:17  Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly for I am in trouble.
Psalm 102:2  Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.
Psalm 143:7  Answer me quickly, LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

but has listened to his cry for help 
Job 24:12  "The groans of the dying rise from the city, and the souls of the wounded cry out for help. But God charges no one with wrongdoing."
Job 36:5  "God is mighty, but despises no one; he is mighty and firm in his purpose."
Hebrews 5:7  During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment