Sunday, June 19, 2016

Psalm 22:15

My mouth is dried up like a potsherd and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.

My mouth is dried up like a potsherd 
Isaiah 45:9  "Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands?' "

and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth 
Psalm 137:6  May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth if I do not remember you, if I do not consider Jerusalem my highest joy.
Lamentations 4:4  Because of thirst the infant's tongue sticks to the roof of its mouth; the children beg for bread, but no one gives it to them.
Ezekiel 3:26  "I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be silent and unable to rebuke them, for they are a rebellious people."
John 19:28-30  Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

you lay me in the dust of death 
Job 7:21  "Why do you not pardon my offenses and forgive my sins? For I will soon lie down in the dust; you will search for me, but I will be no more."
Psalm 104:29  When you hide your face they (all creatures) are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment