Monday, June 20, 2016

Psalm 22:16

Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and feet.

Dogs surround me 
Philippians 3:2  Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh.
Psalm 22:20  Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs.
Revelation 22:14-15  "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."

they pierce my hands and feet 
Isaiah 51:9  Awake, awake, arm of the LORD, clothe yourself with strength! Awake as in days gone by, as in generations of old. Was it not you who cut Rahab [a mythical sea monster, symbol of Egypt] to pieces, who pierced that monster through?
Isaiah 53:5  But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Zechariah 12:10  "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son."
John 20:24-25  Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."

[brackets are mine]

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment