Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Psalm 22:17

All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.

people stare 
Luke 23:35  The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is God's Messiah, the Chosen One."

and gloat over me 
Psalm 25:2  I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
Psalm 30:1  I will exalt you, LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
Psalm 35:19-20  Do not let those gloat over me who are my enemies without cause; do not let those who hate me without reason maliciously wink the eye. They do not speak peaceably, but devise false accusations against those who live quietly in the land.
Psalm 38:15-16  LORD, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God. For I said, "Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my feet slip."
Lamentations 2:17 The LORD has done what he planned; he has fulfilled his word, which he decreed long ago (in the days of Moses). He has overthrown you (Jerusalem) without pity, he has let the enemy gloat over you, he has exalted the horn (symbol of strength) of your foes.
Micah 7:8  Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment