Thursday, June 2, 2016

Psalm 20:8-9

They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. LORD, give victory to the king! Answer us when we call! 

They are brought to their knees and fall 
Psalm 27:2  When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
Isaiah 40:30  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; ...
Jeremiah 46:6  "The swift cannot flee nor the strong escape. In the north by the River Euphrates they stumble and fall."
Jeremiah 50:32  "The arrogant one (Babylon) will stumble and fall and no one will help her up; I (the LORD) will kindle a fire in her towns that will consume all who are around her."

but we rise up 
Micah 7:8  Do not gloat over me (Israel), my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

and stand firm 
Job 11:15  "... then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear."
Psalm 37:23-24  The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
Proverbs 10:25  When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.
Isaiah 7:9  " 'The head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is only Remalia's son. If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.' "

Answer us when we call! 
Psalm 17:6  I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 86:7  When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.
Psalm 3:4  I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment