Thursday, June 16, 2016

Psalm 22:12

Many bulls surround me; strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.

Many bulls 
Psalm 68:30  Rebuke the beast (the pharaoh of Egypt) among the reeds, the herd of bulls (powerful princes) among the calves (lesser princes) of the nations. Humbled, may the beast bring bars of silver. Scatter the nations who delight in war.

surround me 
Psalm 17:8-9  Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who are out to destroy me, from my mortal enemies who surround me.
Psalm 27:6  Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
Psalm 49:5-6  Why should I fear when evil days come, when wicked deceivers surround me--those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?
Psalm 109:3  With words of hatred they surround me; they attack me without cause.
Psalm 140:9  Those who surround me proudly rear their heads; may the mischief of their lips engulf them.

strong bulls of Bashan encircle me 
Ezekiel 39:17-20  "Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: 'Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood. You will eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of the princes of the earth as if they were rams and lambs, goats and bulls--all of them fattened animals from Bashan. At the sacrifice I am preparing for you, you will eat fat till you are glutted and drink blood till you are drunk. At my table you will eat your fill of horses and riders, mighty men and soldiers of every kind,' declares the Sovereign LORD."
Amos 4:1  Hear this word, you cows of Bashan on Mount Samaria, you women who oppress the poor and crush the needy and say to your husbands, "Bring us some drinks!"

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment