Friday, June 24, 2016

Psalm 22:20-21

Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen. (aurochs - wild ancestor of domestic cattle)

Deliver me from the sword 
Job 5:20  "In famine he will deliver you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword."
Psalm 37:14  The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright.

my precious life 
Psalm 35:17  How long, Lord, will you look on? Rescue me from their ravages, my precious life from these lions.

from the power of the dogs 
Philippians 3:2  Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh.

Rescue me from the mouth of the lions 
Psalm 22:13  Roaring lions that tear their prey open their mouths wide against me.
Job 4:10-11  "The lions may roar and growl, yet the teeth of the great lions are broken. The lion perishes for lack of prey, and the cubs of the lioness are scattered."

save me from the horns of the wild oxen 
Psalm 22:12  Many bulls surround me; strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
Numbers 23:22  "God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment