Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Psalm 22:1-2

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? 
Psalm 9:10  Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Matthew 27:46  About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?") [see also Mark 15:34]

Why are you so far from saving me 
Psalm 10:1  Why, LORD, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?

so far from my cries of anguish 
Job 3:24  "For sighing has become my daily food; my groans pour out like water."

My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answe
Job 19:7  "Though I cry, 'Violence!' I get no response; though I call for help, there is no justice."

by night, but I find no rest 
Psalm 42:3  My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
Psalm 88:1-2  LORD, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you. May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry.

[brackets are mine]

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
 Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment