Friday, December 22, 2017

Psalm 73:7-8

From their callous hearts comes iniquity; their evil imaginations have no limits. They scoff, and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression.

From their callous hearts comes iniquity 
Psalm 17:10  They close up their callous hearts, and their mouths speak with arrogance.

They scoff, and speak with malice 
Psalm 41:5  My enemies say of me in malice, "When will he die and his name perish?"
Ezekiel 25:15-17  "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: 'Because the Philistines acted in vengeance and took revenge with malice in their hearts, and with ancient hostility sought to destroy Judah, therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am about to stretch out my hand against the Philistines, and I will wipe out the Kerethites and destroy those remaining along the coast. I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.' "
Colossians 3:8  But now you also must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

with arrogance 
1 Samuel 2:3  "Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed."
Psalm 31:18  Let their lying lips be silenced, for with pride and contempt they speak arrogantly against the righteous.
Psalm 75:4-5  "To the arrogant I say, 'Boast no more,' and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horns. Do not lift up your horns against heaven; do not speak so defiantly.' "
Psalm 94:4  They pour out arrogant words; all the evildoers are full of boasting.

they threaten oppression 
Psalm 10:7  His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.
Psalm 12:5  "Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment