Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Psalm 73:2-3

But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 

But as for me, my feet had almost slipped 
Deuteronomy 32:35  "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

I had nearly lost my foothold 
Psalm 69:2  I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me.
Ephesians 4:26-27  "In your anger do not sin" (Psalm 4:4): Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

For I envied the arrogant 
Proverbs 3:31  Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways.
Proverbs 23:17  Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.
Proverbs 24:1-2  Do not envy the wicked, do not desire their company; for their hearts plot violence, and their lips talk about making trouble.

when I saw the prosperity of the wicked 
Job 9:24  "When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he (God) blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it?"
Job 21:7  "Why do the wicked live on, growing old and increasing in power?"
Jeremiah 12:1  You are always righteous, LORD, when I bring a case before you. Yet I would speak with you about your justice. Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease?
Malachi 3:15  " 'But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly evildoers prosper, and even when they put God to the test, they get away with it.' "

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment