Friday, December 15, 2017

Psalm 72:12-14

For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is his blood in his his sight. 

He will take pity on the weak and needy 
Isaiah 60:10  "Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion."
Joel 2:18  Then the LORD was jealous for his land and took pity on his people.
Luke 10:33  "But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him."

He will rescue them from oppression and violence 
Psalm 69:18  Come near and rescue me; deliver me because of my foes.
Ezekiel 13:20-23  " 'Because you (the daughters of Israel who prophesy out of their own imagination) disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives, therefore you will no longer see false visions or practice divination. I will save my people from your hands. And then you will know that I am the LORD.' "
Ezekiel 34:10  " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.' "

for precious is their blood in his sight 
1 Samuel 26:21  Then Saul said, "I have sinned. Come back, David my son. Because you considered my life precious today, I will not try to harm you again. Surely I have acted like a fool and have been terribly wrong." 
Psalm 116:15  Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his faithful servants.
1 Peter 1:18-19  For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment