Sunday, December 24, 2017

Psalm 73:13-14

Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and have washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments.

Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure 
Job 9:29-31  "Since I am already found guilty, why should I struggle in vain? Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with cleansing powder, you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me."
Job 21:13-16  "They (the wicked) spend their years in prosperity and go down to the grave in peace. Yet they say to God, 'Leave us alone! We have no desire to know your ways. Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him? What would we gain by praying to him?' But their prosperity is not in their own hands, so I stand aloof from the plans of the wicked."

and have washed my hands in innocence 
Genesis 44:16  "What can we say to my lord (Joseph)?" Judah replied. "What can we say? How can we prove our innocence? God has uncovered your servants' guilt. We are now my lord's slaves--we ourselves and the one who was found to have the cup."
Psalm 26:6  I wash my hands in innocence, and go about your altar, LORD.

All day long I have been afflicted 
Psalm 73:5  They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment