Friday, December 29, 2017

Psalm 73:25-26

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Whom have I in heaven but you? 
Psalm 16:2  I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."

And earth has nothing I desire besides you 
Philippians 3:7-9  But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

My flesh and my heart 
Psalm 84:2  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

may fail 
Psalm 31:10  My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction and my bones grow weak.
Psalm 40:12  For troubles without number surround me, my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.

but God is the strength of my heart 
Psalm 18:1  I love you, LORD, my strength.

and my portion forever 
Deuteronomy 32:9  For the LORD's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted inheritance.
Psalm 16:5  LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
Psalm 119:57  You are my portion, LORD; I have promised to obey your words.
Psalm 142:5  I cry to you, LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."
Jeremiah 10:16  He who is the portion of Jacob is not like these, for he is the Maker of all things, including Israel, the people of his inheritance--the LORD Almighty is his name.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973,
1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment