Saturday, December 30, 2017

Psalm 73:27-28

Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. 

Those who are far from you will perish 
Psalm 34:21  Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.

you destroy all who are unfaithful to you 
Leviticus 6:2  "If anyone sins and is unfaithful to the LORD by deceiving a neighbor about something entrusted to them or left in their care or about something stolen, or if they cheat their neighbor, ..."
Jeremiah 5:11  "The people of Israel and the people of Judah have been utterly unfaithful to me," declares the LORD.
Hosea 4:12  "My people consult a wooden idol, and a diviner's rod speaks to them. A spirit of prostitution leads them astray; they are unfaithful to their God."
Hosea 9:1  Do not rejoice, Israel; do not be jubilant like the other nations. For you have been unfaithful to your God; you love the wages of a prostitute at every threshing floor.

But as for me, it is good to be near God 
Zephaniah 3:2  She (Jerusalem) obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD, she does not draw near to her God.
Hebrews 10:22  ... let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
James 4:8  Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge 
Psalm 9:9  The LORD is the refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

I will tell of all your deeds 
Psalm 26:6-7  I wash my hands in innocence, and go about your altar, LORD, proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 40:5  Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment