Sunday, December 17, 2017

Psalm 72:15-17 Part 2 of 2

Long may he live! May gold from Sheba be given him. May people ever pray for him and bless him all day long. May grain abound throughout the land; on the tops of the hills may it sway. May the crops flourish like Lebanon and thrive like the grass of the field. May his name endure forever; may it continue as long as the sun. Then all the nations will be blessed through him, and they will call him blessed.  

May his name endure forever 
Exodus 3:15  God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation."

may it continue as long as the sun 
Psalm 89:35-37  "Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness--and I will not lie to David--that his line will continue forever and his throne endure before me like the sun; it will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky."

Then all the nations will be blessed through him, and they will call him blessed 
Genesis 12:3  " I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you." 
Luke 1:46-49  And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the LORD and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me--holy is his name."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment