Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Psalm 71:18

Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to  the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come. 

Even when I am old and gray 
Isaiah 46:4  "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation 
Exodus 9:15-18  "For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you (Pharaoh) and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. You still set yourself against my people and will not let them go. Therefore, at this time tomorrow I will send the worst hailstorm that has ever fallen on Egypt, from the day it was founded till now."

your mighty acts to all who are to come 
Job 8:8-9  "Ask the former generation and find out what their ancestors learned, for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow."
Psalm 22:30-31  Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness, declaring to a people yet unborn: He has done it!
Psalm 78:4  We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power and the wonders he has done.
Psalm 145:4-5  One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty--and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
Joel 1:2-3  Hear this, you elders; listen, all who live in the land. Has anything like this ever happened in your days or in the days of your ancestors? Tell it to your children, and their children to the next generation.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment