Monday, September 26, 2016

Psalm 31:9-10

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress 
Psalm 4:1  Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

my eyes grow weak with sorrow 
Psalm 6:7  My eyes grow weak with sorrow, they fail because of all my foes.

my soul and body with grief 
Psalm 63:1  You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

My life is consumed by anguish 
Psalm 31:7  I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.

and my years by groaning 
Psalm 6:6  I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.

my strength fails 
Psalm 22:15  My mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.
Psalm 32:4  For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.
Psalm 38:10  My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.
Psalm 73:26  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

because of my affliction 
Psalm 25:18  Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.

and my bones grow weak 
Psalm 6:2  Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment