Monday, September 19, 2016

Psalm 30:6-10

When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." LORD, when you favored me, you made my royal mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. To you, LORD, I called; to the LORD I cried for mercy: "What is gained if I am silenced, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness? Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me; LORD, be my help." 

When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." 
Job 29:18  "I thought, 'I will die in my own house, my days as numerous as the grains of sand.' "

LORD, when you favored me, you made my royal mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. 
Deuteronomy 31:17  "And in that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and calamities will come on them, and in that day they will ask, 'Have not these disasters come on us because our God is not with us?' "

"What is gained if I am silenced, if I go down to the pit?" 
Job 33:18  "... to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword."
Isaiah 38:18  For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness.

Hear, LORD 
Psalm 17:1  Hear me, LORD, my plea is just; listen to my cry. Hear my prayer--it does not rise from deceitful lips.

and be merciful to me 
Psalm 4:1  Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

LORD, be my help 
Psalm 20:2  May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment