Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Psalm 31:13

For I hear many whispering, "Terror on every side!" They conspire against me and plot to take my life. 

For I hear many whispering 
Leviticus 19:16  " 'Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbors life. I am the LORD.' "
Psalm 50:20  You sit and testify against your brother and slander your own mother's son.

"Terror on every side!" 
Isaiah 13:8  Terror will seize them, pain and anguish will grip them; they will writhe like a woman in labor. They will look aghast at each other, their faces aflame.
Jeremiah 6:25  Do not go out to the fields or walk on the roads, for the enemy has a sword, and there is terror on every side.
Jeremiah 20:10  I hear many whispering, "Terror on every side! Denounce him! Let's denounce him!" All my friends are waiting for me to slip, saying, "Perhaps he will be deceived; then we will prevail over him and take our revenge on him."
Jeremiah 46:5  "What do I see? They are terrified, they are retreating, their warriors are defeated. They flee in haste without looking back, and there is terror on every side," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 49:5  "I will bring terror on you," declares the LORD, the LORD Almighty. "Every one of you will be driven away, and no one will gather the fugitives."
Lamentations 2:22  "As you summon to a feast day, so you summoned against me terrors on every side. In the day of the LORD's anger no one escaped or survived; those I cared for and reared my enemy has destroyed."

They conspire against me 
Psalm 56:6  They conspire, they lurk, they watch my steps, hoping to take my life.
Psalm 71:10  For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together.
Psalm 83:3  With cunning they conspire against your people; they plot against those you cherish.

and plot to take my life 
Genesis 37:18  But they (Joseph's brothers) saw him (Joseph) in the distance, and before he reached them, they plotted to kill him.
Matthew 12:14  But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.
Psalm 83:4  "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation, so that Israel's name is remembered no more."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment