Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Psalm 31:11-12

Because of all my enemies, I am the utter contempt of my neighbors and an object of dread to my closest friends--those who see me on the street flee from me. I am forgotten as though I were dead; I have become like broken pottery. 

Because of all my enemies 
Deuteronomy 30:7  The LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you.
Psalm 3:7  Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.
Psalm 25:19  See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me!
Psalm 102:8  All day long my enemies taunt me; those who rail against me use my name as a curse.

I am the utter contempt 
Psalm 22:6  But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

of my neighbors 
Psalm 38:11  My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.

I am forgotten as though I were dead 
Psalm 28:1  To you, LORD, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Psalm 88:4  I am counted among those who go down to the pit; I am like one without strength.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment