Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Psalm 30:11-12

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

You turned my wailing 
Esther 4:1  When Mordecai learned of all that had been done, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth and ashes, and went out into the city, wailing loudly and bitterly.

into dancing 
Exodus 15:20  Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron's sister, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, with timbrels and dancing.

you removed my sackcloth 
2 Samuel 3:31  Then David said to Joab and all the people with him, "Tear your clothes and put on sackcloth and walk in mourning in front of Abner." King David himself walked behind the bier.
Psalm 35:13-14  Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting. When my prayers returned to me unanswered, I went about mourning as though for my friend or brother. I bowed my head in grief as though weeping for my mother.

and clothed me with joy 
Deuteronomy 16:15  For seven days celebrate the festival to the LORD your God at the place the LORD will choose. For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.
Psalm 16:9  Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, ...

LORD my God, I will praise you 
Psalm 35:18  I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.
Psalm 75:1  We praise you, God, we praise you, for your Name is near; people tell of your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 118:21  I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.
Revelation 11:17  ... saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign."

forever 
Psalm 44:8  In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.
Psalm 52:9  For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment