Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Psalm 31:1-2

In you, LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. 

In you, LORD, I have taken refuge 
Psalm 7:1-2  LORD, my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me apart like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

deliver me in your righteousness 
Psalm 5:8  Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make your way straight before me.

Turn your ear to me 
Psalm 6:4  Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

come quickly to my rescue 
Exodus 2:17  Some shepherds came along and drove them away, but Moses got up and came to their rescue and watered their flock.
1 Samuel 30:7-8  Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelek, "Bring me the ephod." Abiathar brought it to him, and David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?"  "Pursue them," he answered. "You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue."

be my rock of refuge 
2 Samuel 22:1-3  David sang to the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent people you save me."
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment