Thursday, September 15, 2016

Psalm 30:1

I will exalt you, LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

I will exalt you, LORD 
Exodus 15:2  "The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

for you lifted me out of the depths 
Job 11:7-9  "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens above--what can you do? They are deeper than the depths below--what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea."
Psalm 63:9  Those who want to kill me will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.
Psalm 107:25-26  For he spoke and stirred up a tempest that lifted high the waves. They mounted up to the heavens and went down to the depths; in their peril their courage melted away.
Proverbs 9:16-18  "Let all who are simple come to my (Folly's) house!" To those who have no sense she says, "Stolen water is sweet; food eaten in secret is delicious!" But little do they know that the dead are there, that her guests are deep in the realm of the dead.
Isaiah 14:13-15  You (king of Babylon) said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon (Mount Casius in northern Syria, dwelling place of the Canaanites' gods). I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.

and did not let my enemies gloat over me 
Psalm 22:17  All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment