Thursday, September 22, 2016

Psalm 31:3-5

Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God. 

Since you are my rock and my fortress 
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

for the sake of your name lead and guide me 
Psalm 23:3  ... he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.

Keep me from the trap that is set for me 
1 Samuel 28:9  But the woman said to him, "Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?"
Job 18:10  "A noose is hidden for him on the ground; a trap lies in his path."

for you are my refuge 
Psalm 9:9  The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Into your hands I commit my spirit 
Luke 23:46  Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.
Acts 7:59-60  While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

deliver me, LORD, my faithful God 
Isaiah 45:18-19  For this is what the LORD says--he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited--he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other. I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right."
Isaiah 65:16  "Whoever invokes a blessing in the land will do so by the one true God; whoever takes an oath in the land will swear by the one true God. For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment